Hi, my name is Bernd, I am a tenacious, results driven, highly effective Finance executive and CEO with over 15 years’ experience driving financial results and optimizing resources for maximum business performance. My areas of expertise are financial planning,budget preparation, fiscal monitoring, controlling, accounting and administration
The Dieffenbacher Group is one of the world‘s leading manufacturers of complete production plants for the wood products industry and the composites industry. We supply presses and more, i.e. we supply complete plants from a single source with the press as a core component and develop the essential process components within our group of companies.Main responsible for leading annual tactical plans, driving targeted financial performance, and enhancing business strategy. Provide oversight and participation in finance, controlling, budgeting, accounting, payroll and reporting functions for NA operations located in Georgia, USA, and Ontario,Canada.
- Lead the development of the annual operating budget and provide tactical guidance for business expansion, and strategic growth initiatives.
- Implement processes, frameworks and systems that support decision making processes.
- Presented relevant management information and reports to board members,escalating concerns where appropriate.
- Developed strong internal relations with various departments to maximizefirm-wide success and profitability.
- Evaluated tactical and risk management impacts of alternative trade-off decisions in context with product/services vision, goals and strategy.
- successfully developed high impact initiatives that increased profitability by10% in 2018 & 2019
- Effectively increased customer response time (within 24 hours) from 60% to100%.
- Optimized logistics processes (shipping same day) from 60% to 100%.
Responsible for leading Accounting, FP&A, payroll and Treasury teams to develop a scalable approach to long-term planning, strategic corporate finance, financial operations, and business expansion.
- Managed the development and implementation of strategic business plans,budgets, and forecasts.
- Provided budgetary and cost control expertise. Generated initiatives to increase productivity.
- Compiled, analyzed, and presented statistical and financial reports, and quarterly statements.
- Identified problems, analysed information, developed alternativeapproaches, and recommended solutions in matters related to financialmanagement.
Döhler is a global producer, marketer and provider of technology-driven natural ingredients, ingredient systems and integrated solutions for the food and beverage industry.Mainly responsible for managing financial operations in North-, Middle- and South America with direct reporting line to Global CFO in Germany. Provided strategic direction for the organization’s financial performance. Oversaw all aspects of financial operations including month-end closing, forecasting, budgeting, and financial analysis.
- Supported strategic Business Development from the financial perspective,including Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Established and developed Finance and Controlling structures. Page 3 of 7
- Developed in-depth business and cost analyses that provided greater insights into business performance, highlighting areas of risk and opportunity.
- Led major company restructuring, aiming for accelerated business growth.
- Developed business case to increase productivity by investing 7MEUR inan expanded production line.
- Established S&OP process decreasing process period from 15 to 3 days.
- Successfully lead major business acquisition; performed correspondingfinancial scenario analysis, understanding benefits and cash requirements.
The Dieffenbacher Group is one of the world‘s leading manufacturers of complete production plants for the wood products industry and the composites industry. We supply presses and more, i.e. we supply complete plants from a single source with the press as a core component and develop the essential process components within our group of companies.Responsible for providing advanced financial leadership to achieve the company’s profitability goals, and strategic priorities. Led administration in the preparation, analysis and evaluation of fiscal activities; as well as with purchasing, accounting, payroll, operating budgets and investments.
- Led the development of timely and accurate analysis of budgets, reports and financial trends.
- Performed oversight of monthly & annual financial statement closing process of multiple international companies (manufacturing and service sector).
- Oversaw all accounting functions, including the development of internal control systems and coordination of the external audits.
- Ensured compliance with applicable rules, regulations, and procedures.
Responsible for developing annual budget, as well as controlling expenses and understanding main actual s deviations from forecasts. Effectively implemented and monitored controls and procedures, prepared accurate and prompt reports and analysis, and provided advice and input on financial decisions.
- Developed timely and objective reports of financial data.
- Prepared annual budgets, monthly forecasts; and corporate reports.
- Led and managed the month end closing process.
- Managed financial systems and related policies and procedures.
MAGE SOLAR America, Inc. and subsidiaries & MAGE SOLAR Holding, Inc. and subsidiaries Controller / CFO
MAGE SOLAR USA is a solar manufacturing company headquartered in Dublin, Georgia. It specializes in complete solar systems and provides high-quality photovoltaic modules, intelligent mounting systems and high-performance brand inverters. Main responsible for providing oversight of all finance, budgeting, accounting,payroll and reporting operations of the MAGE Group USA. Led month end closing processes and supervised the preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Ensured the timely completion of financial reports of the various affiliated companies.
- Reviewed P&L and balance sheet on a monthly basis, providing quarterly analytical review.
- Developed annual budget and monthly/quarterly forecasts.
- Coordinated annual audits and tax return preparation processes for the companies.
- Managed and controlled operating cash flow.
Rödl & Partner is a multi-disciplinary professional services firm, which provides audit, accounting, tax and business consulting services for international businesses.In charge of the Business Process outsourcing, external accounting and controlling. Oversaw the monthly and annual financial statement closing process of multiple international companies.
- Main contact for the US Company and the German Parent regarding US vs.German accounting, Sales Tax Regulations, taxable ramifications.
- Reviewed and prepared monthly and annual financial statements for various international manufacturing clients.
- Mentored, supervised and developed a direct team of six, managing work allocation, charge of the BPO (Business Process Outsourcing, external accounting and controlling) Department of the Greenville, SC, office of Rödl &Partner.
Ruhrdeich Holding GmbH owned multiple entities and is one of the largest car dealerships in Germany. Total revenue exceeded EURO 100M, > 200employees and multiple locations / subsidiaries.Head of finance, tax and accounting departments for the Ruhrdeich Holding Group. Oversaw financial operations providing accountability and cost-effective management, while ensuring accurate cash forecasting.
Reviewed and approved of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting materials and metrics for the CEO.
Monitored financial performance and initiate corrective actions as needed to minimize the impact of variances.
Managed cash flow and forecasting. Optimized the handling of banking relationships and initiated appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
Mentored and developed a direct team of five, managing work allocation,training, problem resolution, performance evaluation, and the building of an effective team dynamic.
Jo. C. Boecker GmbH was one of the leading textile retail companies in Germany.Responsible for driving financial performance to achieve Revenue and EBITDA targets through organic growth and other strategic initiatives.
- Supervised team performing financial reporting, accounting, billing,collections and payroll.
- Analyzed impacts, understanding key drivers of variations.
- Prepared financial statements, business activity reports, forecasts, and reports.
- Developed a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that included minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs. Optimized the handling of banking relationships and initiated appropriate strategies to enhance cash positions.